Guide to Roofing Options
Asphalt shingles cover more homes in America than any other roofing options. This roofing material is easy to install, provides excellent protection and it is often the least expensive roofing choice. Pro Exteriors offers a wide variety of asphalt shingle styles and colors that are an affordable option for your Delaware roofing system.
An asphalt shingle consists of a fiberglass or organic mat coated with asphalt, then covered with colored mineral granules for protection against the elements. Asphalt shingles are available in a range of grades. The better the grade, the longer the life expectancy, which can range from 15 to 30+ years. Here’s more about the advantages of this roofing material.
- Easy to install. Asphalt shingles are among the easiest roofing materials to install. The size and flexibility of shingles make it easy to adapt them to any roof size and shape.
- Low-maintenance. Many roofing materials require regular maintenance in order to retain their appearance and performance. But asphalt shingles are easy to keep clean, and can quickly be repaired or replaced if they are damaged.
- Aesthetically pleasing. Asphalt shingles come in a wide selection of colors and textures. Our expert Delaware roofing contractors can help create a design that will match the architecture and décor of your home. Certain asphalt shingles can mimic the look of wood, tile or slate, giving your home an elegant finish at a lower cost.
- Lightweight. Although durable, asphalt shingles are still relatively light and will not place undue stress on your home’s roofing infrastructure. Heavier materials may require additional bracing or support before installation.
- Affordable. An asphalt shingle roof can be one of the lowest cost options for roofing your home, giving you an excellent return on your roofing investment.
Beautiful, durable slate has been used to build roofs that have lasted for hundreds of years. Slate is naturally fire-resistant and low-maintenance, with a life expectancy of between 75 and 200 years. However, slate installation demands the expertise of an experienced Delaware roofing contractor like Pro Exteriors. We’ve been successfully installing, maintaining and repairing slate roofs for years. Our slate roofing experts are true craftsmen with the knowledge and experience to provide you with a unique and long-lasting roof.
The Benefits of Slate Roofing
With its unique texture, natural tones and unmatched durability, slate is the perfect combination of practicality and beauty, and will give your home an elegant traditional look.
Modern variations of slate roofing tiles are being made thinner and of lighter weight to achieve the look and feel of slate for a lower cost, and with less complicated installation requirements.
Here are more advantages of a slate roof installed by Pro Exteriors.
- Superior service life
- High resistance to storm damage and fire
- Impermeable to water, moss and algae growth
- Excellent insulating properties
- Resists chipping, cracking and erosion
- Environmentally friendly
- Available in a wide array of colors
Maintaining and Repairing a Slate Roof
Just as slate roof installation requires special skills, the maintenance, repair and restoration of a slate roof is unique in its demands. Expanding ice can split a slate, and metal flashing can loosen and wear. That’s why it is important to conduct an inspection and maintenance schedule for your slate roof at least once every three years. Pro Exteriors has the expertise to maintain the beauty and function of your slate roof.
Shingles and shakes made of wood have been a preferred choice for protecting homes for hundreds of years. Today, homeowners choose wood roofing for a variety of reasons, including achieving a traditional look, a desire to use natural materials or for historic accuracy. Pro Exteriors has years of experience in the specialized process of installing, maintaining and repairing wood roofs. Here are more advantages of this roofing material.
- Natural beauty
- Long service life
- Resistant to strong winds, impact and insects
- Up to two times more insulating than asphalt shingles
The Difference Between Shingles and Shakes
Many homeowners ask us about the difference between wood shingles and wood shakes. Wood shingles are sawn or cut to be uniform in size and thickness. Wood shakes are more irregular in appearance and have at least one split face. Both are usually available in varying widths, one of the features that give a wood roof its rustic appearance.
Metal roofing is an increasingly popular choice among architects and homeowners alike, and Pro Exteriors is the Delaware metal roofing contractor with the deepest experience in metal roofing systems. Known for their exceptional durability, metal roofs come in a wide range of colors and configurations. Innovations in paint and coating technology have significantly enhanced the performance of metal roofs and eliminated worries about rust and corrosion. Today, these roofs resist fading, chalking and cracking under even the toughest conditions. Here’s more about the advantages of this roofing material.
- Weather-resistant. Minimal seaming and tough panels make a metal roof resistant to rain, hail, snow, ice and sun. Metal roofs are rated for high winds up to 140 miles per hour.
- Durable. Metal roofs generally last 50 years or more when properly maintained. They are resistant to rust, rot and insects, and are nearly impervious to penetration.
- Energy-efficient. Metal roofs are “cool roofs” since they reflect much of the sun’s energy, helping to maintain a balanced temperature between the roof deck and the supporting structure. This helps you use less energy to heat and cool your home, reducing monthly utility bills.
- Low-maintenance. Metal roofs require little maintenance to retain their good looks and structural integrity. Metal won’t chip, fade, crack or curl like shingles.
- Aesthetically pleasing. Metal roofing is available in multiple textures and an impressive array of colors.
- Easy to install. A metal roofing system can often be installed over the existing roof, avoiding the need to tear off and dispose of old roofing.
In addition, our metal roofing systems come with extended manufacturer warranties that provide the peace of mind of knowing that your roof is protected while it is protecting your home and family.
Contact Us Today!
Trust Pro Exteriors – Your Professional Delaware Roofing Contractors
Make sure your home’s roof is ready to protect you from the elements. Contact Pro Exteriors for a free estimate today by calling (302) 664-1700 or completing our online quote request form.